I would like to let you know how pleased we were with Gavin's work. Despite having to study for exams himself he was committed, well prepared and enthusiastic in his work with Louise, and has helped her focus and come to grips with areas of both Maths and Chemistry. She is now more confident she can do well in her exams.
Click if you prefer a fast, personal response
Leave your name and number and we'll get back to you, or message/email if you prefer.
- A new qualification offered at SCQF levels 4 and 5 was introduced in school term 2013/14 - National 4 and National 5. This replaced both Standard Grade (General and Credit) and Intermediate 1 and 2 whilst reflecting the best features of the present arrangements (Standard Grade Foundation level will be removed, with National 3 qualifications providing an appropriate replacement)
- The existing Access, Higher and Advanced Higher qualifications will all be retained as points of stability and reviewed to ensure they fully reflect Curriculum for Excellence. Current Access 1 and 2 qualifications will also be renamed National 1-2.
- Students take National 4/5 at the end of their 4th year of high school (around May). They will have studied for these exams over their 3rd and 4th year and are around 14 to 16 years old.
- Usually a student will study 8 subjects at this level. The choice of subject is often affected directly by the availability of subjects that the school offers and also the studentÔÇÖs timetable.
- Our tutors are fully flexible when it comes to which level they tutor.
- The National 4/5 exam is graded from 1 to 7, 1 being the best grade.
Subjects offered at this level: